We have recently had two Expertgroup meetings in the Netherlands and Belgium. During this meeting we work together with our expert(-user)s to improve automatisation of your work process and assure quality of all the data.
To this end, we looked at the impact of the ISO14688 on the environmental sector and thus your activities, mapped out your wishes for the table input, we presented and discussed the dashboard for TerraIndex Web and finally gathered the obstacles and improvements for the lab assignments.
The outline of the results are as follows:
- Keep the structure of the input in the app the same as it currently is.
- Use of descriptions instead of codes. This is due to the fact that the English language is used in the ISO.
- Flexibility to define yourself which fields can and can not be filled in the fieldwork templates. The same holds for the use of codes. As long as it is within the norm.
- A number of cases will have to be further investigated such as: geological origin and coping with special components.
Table input TerraIndex Web
- Table input will mostly be used to get a good overview and not necessarily for performing multiple modification.
- Protection against editing of the wrong data is very important.
- Being able to specifically chose multiple edits.
Dashboard TerraIndex Web
- During sharing, seeing for whom the project is destined.
- Being able to see the status of the fieldwork: synchronization by fieldworker, sent by fieldworker or completed by fieldworker.
- Ability to put a filter on the activity log so that activities can be displayed per person or for the whole company.
- The last improvements have been very well received. The most noticeable ones are the additional filter on day, the urgency is no longer filled in by default, the automatic numbering of sample names and the ability to directly see which samples are linked to a mixed sample.
- The whole lab assignment module of Web works well and is almost always used.
- The most popular propositions for improvement to lab assignment:
- Instead of the most used analyses, be able to pin your own favourite analyses (just like projects in the project overview)
- Make the function of the wand clearer
- Link between labmatrik and fieldmatrix (Soil / Water), so you can have a better overview and make less mistakes
- Grouping of analysis packages with respect to packet group is not necessary.
- Possible additions for a more flexible use of certificates and lab matrices
In alphabetic order, the roadmap points with the highest priority are:
- Asbestos new BRL2018
- CAD drawing in map
- Drilling profiles template
- Improve User Management
- Photo 2.0 and linked files
- Table entry
The expert group meetings are a good example of how we can work together as software developers and end-users to find the best best tools that actually help you in your day to day work. It is a privilege to do this together.
Would you have liked to be there? Would you like to participate? Or be more involved with the latest developments? Please let us know.